Tuesday 10 February 2009

I miss Bilbao....






Its been a while since I last did a blog..…this is because I’ve been concentrating on editing my photos in adobe photoshop. When I say editing, I have been slightly changing contrasts, balances and curves etc. I am the type of person who just tends to spend hours on photoshop, changing things here and there to get the best outcome out of photographs. Sometimes after hours of photoshop I tend to just keep the photograph in the same condition before I attacked it with photoshop. Even if I do spend hours working on an image and don’t even change it I feel like I havn't wasted my time. Although you make think I am wasting my time but I feel glad that i've had the chance to change it even if I don’t like it and leave it to its original. Here are several photographs which I have of the city. I have also been scanning in images I have taken in black and white film. I know this project is digitally based but I wanted to see what my scanned images would look like if I digitalized them slightly…….yes again my playing around on photoshop. These photos I will add in my next blog……….. Also the title of this blog is true I do miss Bilbao, I miss the culture, the surroundings, the freedom, the people and most of all my sister.....hopefully i can have a quick getaway again.....

3 comments:

  1. I am very impressed with these photos. I love the way the buildings with the mountains behind are reflected in the glass. I also think that the simplicity of the family walking up the steps with the child walking on the wall is a very natural and endearing shot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Miss H.. The way the glass building fuses with the surroundings has created a painting type image with emotion. I wonder how it changes with light..

    ReplyDelete
  3. really like how you've captured the reflections in the glass of the euskalduna palace - great!

    ReplyDelete