Thursday 12 February 2009

The School Run...


In a previous blog I mentioned the black and white images I have been scanning in. I scanned in one of my most favourite images of a street in Bilbao with the Guggenheim being seen through the street. I particulary like this photo as I like how I have captured the parents collecting their children from school and the busyness of the street. What I find interesting about this photo is the contrast of the old buildings and then in the distance you can see the modern architecture of the Guggenheim. I’m not sure if the scanning of the image has worked well as it looks quite grainy. I know this is a digital project but I thought I would see how film would work to be hopefully an advantage to the project. I think the composition of the photo works but I don’t know if the photo works itself with printing issues?……..thoughts please……..

3 comments:

  1. I love this photo as it has captured the moment in a day which happens all over the world. However this photo is different as there cannot be many schools across the world where the Guggenheim museum can be seen in the background. I do not know what grainy is so cannot comment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Miss H...I love this photo. class

    ReplyDelete