Wednesday 11 February 2009

Jehangir Sorabjee






Whilst researching different artists who photograph the Guggenheim I came across a photographer called Jehangir Sorabjee. The photos to this post are all his. Sorabjee is a Mumbai based photographer who has exhibited his images in various fora and has published his images in various books and magazines. He mostly takes photographs of his home city Mumbai but also takes photographs of landscapes and street photos when travelling. I feel like his photographs are very similar to mine of the Guggenheim, although I was more impressed with his street photography which has made me think about returning to Bilbao and take more photographs of the street life. I like how Sorabjee has used black and white images. I love the strong contrast in the images and how he has not gone for the conventional “tourist” photograph of the city, he is looking deeper into the city, the naturalness its as if he’s not there, just sitting back and watching, Its as if he is a local within that city. I find myself imagining what’s going on in that image and I’d like to think my images were able to tell a story and for people to use their imagination.

http://www.jehangirsorabjee.co.uk/index.html

No comments:

Post a Comment