Monday 16 March 2009

Final Images.....




It’s been a while since I wrote my last blog…. Been sorting out the exhibition in this time an we’ve even had the opening!! Didn’t want to put my final images on my blog before the opening as I wanted it to be a bit of a surprise for Mum and Dad!

My finally three images I chose to exhibit was still focussing on my idea of derelict buildings and garages and shutters. I chose these images as I felt they were my strongest as I felt they showed what I wanted to portray. The characteristics of garages and shutters in my two favourite cosmopolitan citied, Nottingham England and Bilbao Spain. I wanted my exhibition piece to have my viewers asking themselves, do they show character? Are they beautiful? Or are they just abandoned buildings left there to rot? I feel that these buildings each have their own powerful story to why they have been neglected and even though they are an eye sore each building is full of memories and stories.

No comments:

Post a Comment