Monday 16 March 2009

The Opening of PHOTOMARKT……..



Overall I think our exhibition has worked and looks to a high standard. Everyone’s images have come together to fit well within the projects brief.

Whilst sitting here looking after the exhibition the amount of people who walk by and take an interest in our work is amazing and it makes me so proud of all of us and as everyone strolls to the fish market their attention is instantly grabbed by Tom Matthews fantastic series of alleyways, well done Tom!

Another fantastic opportunity for us was that the Sheriff of Nottingham came and officially opened the exhibition. We each took in turns to speak to the Sheriff explaining our work and our thoughts and processes behind the photos. I don’t think he was particularly pleased that I had taken images of what he may think is Nottingham’s worse, I hope that he could appreciate all my hard work gone into the process. Although it did make me chuckle to the fact that he had pointed out that the area in which I had taken one of the images (NG7) that the bins in my image should no longer be green, they should be black!!!

Some comments from The PHOTOMARKT comments book:

“Excellent work, loved the black and white photos along with the garages and shutters.” Debbie

“Really good work, I love the dark photos with only the street lights used as lighting. Also the classic farming shots are good.” L.Sweeney

“There are some very interesting photographs. Students have obviously worked hard. I particularly like the farm pictures and the alleyways, they have really captured a ‘moment’.” Holly Hodges

“I love them all! Super super stuff!” Kate Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment